Ever wondered how many bloggers there are in the United States? How about how many active business blogs there are in the US? Blogging.org has done the research as well as polled over 1000 bloggers across the US to find out the answers that you want to know.
In 2012 it has evolved into major publishing businesses and is also used by companies to display their thought leadership and expertise. Blogs are now considered an important part of a company’s participation online.
The evolution of search engines has also made the creation of unique content in a variety of media vital, to improve brands and businesses online visibility to Google, Bing and Yahoo.
1000 Person Survey:
What Blogging Platform Do People Use?
- 43% WordPress
- 35% Blogger
- 16% Tumblr, Typepad, Posterous
- 6% Other
What Diversity Are People In The US?
- 48% Caucasian
- 38% African American
- 9% Other
- 4% Latin American
How Much Do People Make Blogging?
- 8% Enough Money To Support A Family
- 81% Never Make $100 From Blogging
- 9% Enough To Sustain Their Personal Lifestyle Blogging 4-6 Hours A Day
- 2% Make $150K+ Blogging 1-2 Hours A Day
There are an estimated 31 Million bloggers in the US as of July 2012
Businesses Blogging Stats
- 60% of Businesses have a Business
- 35% Blog At Least Once A Month
- 65% Haven’t Blogged Once In The Past Year
US Blogging Stats For 2012
- 42,000,000 Blogs in the US
- 329 Million People View A Blog Monthly
- 25 Billion Pages Viewed Monthly
- 500,000 Daily New Posts
- 400,000 Daily Comments
What Are The Common Blogging Languages?
- English 66%
- Spanish 8.7%
- Portuguese 6.5%
- Indonesian 3.5%
- Italian 2%
- German 1.8%
- French 1.4%
- Russian 1.1%
- Vietnamese 1.1%
- Swedish 1.0%
See on blogging.org