Increasing customer engagement and conversions are top priorities. Yet many of these professionals have still not tapped all of the opportunities available to make this happen on their sites, leaving a disconnect between what they say and what they actually do.
Wondering what areas offer some of the greatest opportunities for digital marketers to see the ROI of their efforts? What do they say their priorities are vs. what do they actually spend their marketing budget on?
The results of the Adobe 2012 Digital Marketing Optimization Survey – http://bit.ly/KloyOL – and a corresponding Infographic that uncover the top five areas that digital marketers should focus on to immediately improve conversion and return on their marketing investments.
Survey responses from more than 1,700 digital marketers worldwide, spanning business-to-consumer and business-to-business commerce companies across retail, finance, media, and technology and consumer goods industries, reveal that:
Conversion Optimization needs to be given higher priority
- Over 80% of respondents allocate 15% or less of their marketing budget to optimization efforts – up only 1% from our 2009 survey.
Testing consumer engagement throughout the funnel is critical to optimization
- But more than 50% of the respondents cited testing was still not a company priority.
The search box is often the most-used area of a website
- Yet fewer than 50% of respondents are optimizing on-site search results.
Marketers are not taking advantage of simple cross-sell or up-sell opportunities
- 38% of digital marketers surveyed do not provide any content or product recommendations.
In the burgeoning areas of video, mobile and social, marketers seem to be on the right path
- 61% of respondents are focusing on video in 2012 for helping drive conversion.
- 70% of respondents are focusing on social sharing as a top effective social strategy.
- The top three mobile strategies marketers plan to focus on this year are mobile optimized sites, mobile apps, and advertising promotions, including bar codes and QR codes.
In evaluating this year’s responses, the following Top 5 conversion opportunities emerged: http://adobe.ly/KlpfYc
- Prioritize optimization across your organization as a strategic process
- Use a data-driven approach to optimization
- Optimize conversion with video
- Optimize social engagement
- Optimize for all mobile channels
See on blogs.adobe.com