So, what would the world be like without the Internet? Almost everything we do has some connection to the Internet.
This Infographic does and here are some highlights:
- Since 2002, the number of internet users has quadrupled to 2.3 billion people worldwide.
- The internet allows us to connect with virtually anyone.
- The internet gives us access to an infinite amount of information.
- There are 550 million websites (300 million added in 2011)
- $6.3 trillion – the cost of stamps to replace emails (US alone).
- Each internet job supports 1.54 additional jobs.
- There are 30 billion pieces of content shared on Facebook PER MONTH.
- The fall of the Berlin wall took 4 months.
- It took just 1 week for 90,000 Egyptians to organize a revolution.
- And only 18 days to overthrow 30 years of dictatorship.
See on 4thweb.com