Staying safe on campus isn’t impossible if you’re careful, know what to look out for and plan for dangerous situations in advance.
No matter how many emergency services, alert systems, clinics, and precautions colleges and universities provide their students, faculty, and staff, criminal and medical crises still worm their way onto campus.
The particularly tech-savvy who can’t go anywhere without their iPhones in tow enjoy some extra mobile safety perks that, while they obviously can’t prevent problems, certainly render them comparatively easier to survive.
Downloading the following applications: http://bit.ly/IHu1hs – might very well mean the difference between poking around safely and ending up feeding the begonias in some not-so-sweet little old lady’s backyard.
1. WEBMD, BY WEBMD – http://bit.ly/KwlQRd
2. STREETSAFE, BY PEOPLEGUARD – http://bit.ly/Kwm62B
3. HOLLABACK!, BY HOLLABACK! – http://bit.ly/KwmAWi
4. NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH OFFICIAL MOBILE APP, BY COMMUNITY SAFETY INSTITUTE – http://bit.ly/Kwn0vP
5. EVERYBLOCK, BY EVERYBLOCK – http://bit.ly/Kwo033
6. YWCA SAFETY SIREN, BY YWCA CANADA – http://bit.ly/KwoqXk
7. FLASHLIGHT + SAFETY LIGHT, BY CRAIG HOCKENBERRY – http://bit.ly/ItvpEO
8. CAMPUS SAFETY, BY DEAN MANSHIP – http://bit.ly/ItxFvz
9. CAMPUS SENTINEL, BY CAMPUS SENTINEL – http://bit.ly/ItxLUb
10. SAFERBUS, BY FEDERAL MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY ADMINISTRATION – http://bit.ly/ItxRew
See on www.bestcollegesonline.com