August 1, 2010 by Ky Ekinci7
You probably heard about the 5 “P“s of Marketing:
- Product: The products or services offered to your customers/clients.
- Price: The pricing strategy for the desired profit margin.
- Place: Distribution –getting your product/service to your target market.
- Promotion: Communicating with your customers.
- People: The value of your people and people at large (i.e. influencers)
Now with the New Media the same list has been re-purposed for the social media channels such as twitter, facebook, linkedin, foursquare etc. etc. Some folks talk about the 3 P’s some talk about the 4 P’s…
But if you think about it, Social Media is different; with Web 2.0 it is no longer a monologue, it’s now a dialogue, so there really are more than just a handful P‘s in Social Media and Social Media Marketing.
So let’s take it up a notch, shall we?.. Here is the 25 P’s of Social Media we can think of:
- Provide: Something of value…
- Petition: Demand innovation, make folks, platforms, messages better!
- Productize: Yes, new word! Make your offer easy to understand!
- Promote: Your product, service, business, events, news (don’t overdo).
- Personalize: Let them see the “real” you.
- Participate: Interact and engage (your audience)
- Play: Take it easy, it’s not all strategy… 🙂
- Pace: Take it easy, don’t over do it. Just don’t!
- Protect: Protect your brand, industry, service, peers
- Plan: Yes, plan –don’t just do it!
- Propel: Initiate discussions, bring the best out in people.
- Pamper: Recognize players, collaborate, give credit where credit is due.
- Partake: Answer questions, participate in discussions/chats.
- Peer: Do not underestimate players based on their followers, community
- Penetrate: Cover all aspects
- Patrol: Entire landspace –correct & clarify statements and behaviors
- Perform: Do it! Just do it!
- Persist: Don’t give up!
- Predict: Think what’s next…
- Pioneer: Don’t hold back, try different things (white hat rule though!)
- Practice: Don’t be afraid, practice makes perfect; learnings await you!
- Propose: Propose ideas, solicit business (humbly), ask for collaboration.
- Punctuate: Don’t be afraid of repeating your point, though not bot-like.
- Pursue: Follow up; be persistent to engage: to get answers, be heard.
- Pay Attention: To influencers, trends, competition, customers.
Hey, speaking of ‘P‘s, can you think of more Ps?..